Self love means regard for one's own well-being and happiness. That's all fine and dandy but how does one go about achieving this? We are so focused on others that our own self love is neglected, put on the back burner and then lost. That's when people find out they don't even know who they really are anymore. So lets find ways to achieve this.
1. Learn something new you are passionate about. Invest in yourself. What makes you happy? What is your true purpose?
2. Love on yourself on purpose. Give yourself a date night, massage, dinner, relax with just you and your thoughts. Give yourself lots of Gratitude!
3. Verbally express yourself. Say what you mean and mean what you say. We tend to hold in our feeling about people or situations. Bottling that up shuts you down. You dont need that. That causes wrinkles all over your face and the only good wrinkles to have are smile lines.
4. Eat good foods! Foods are a mood altering enhancement. There is nothing more sexy than a chocolate covered strawberry and the power it makes you feel while enjoying it. In those few seconds the world stops, noises cease and the burst of flavor intensifies. This is how you should feel about life on a daily basis.
5. Forgive other people but most importantly, forgive yourself. Stop holding grudges. Write yourself a forgiveness note. Stand in the mirror daily and practice your affirmations. Look yourself in the eyes and mean what you say.
6. Entertain only positive people. Stay away from "Never" type people. Those negative nancys. People who say "Oh I would never do this or that." or "You could never pull that off." or "Are you sure you want to do that? I would never even try it. It sounds to hard" Those people will stay stuck in Never Never Land forever. Find people who are goal-oriented, willing to take good yet scary risks that enhance your quality of life. Be courageous and strong yet firm. Find those traits in people you keep around you.
7. Get yourself a health self image. You can use all the tips and tricks from other people but if you do not believe in yourself, you will still have doubts and fears. Dont downplay yourself. Stops looking at your flaws as negative.Use them as your way of being better, doing better. Your flaws are your greatest strengths. You just need to see it.
We need to fall in love with our own image. We need to radiate self love. Once you love yourself like I know you will... those around you will show that same love back at you. Self reflection is real. Shine bright and bask in the sunshine.
Here are empowering affirmations to fortify self-love:
I am overflowing with joy, vitality and energy — I’m unstoppable!
My body is healthy. My mind is brilliant. My heart is at peace. My soul is tranquil.
I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen because I know that everything is towards my highest good.
My efforts are being supported by the universe; my dreams are manifesting into reality before my eyes.
Today, I am met with unexpected joys and welcome opportunities. Today is the beginning of a brand new cycle of positivity.